Is Instagram camera finally turning into reality? Back in May of this year, ADR studio came out with a concept of a camera that is purely dedicated to Instagram. This is the Instagram Socialmatic Camera. It became popular, and a lot of people were very excited to make the project push through. Because of the buzz that the idea for the camera got, ADR tried to find a partner to help financially to make the project possible. Great news to all Instagram users, as the project is now ongoing. The first prototype is expected to come out by the end of this year. The product will hopefully have its official launch next year, 2013.
The first design of the camera looked similar to the logo of Instagram. However, this was recently changed, and instead of the brown and beige colors, it was turned into black. Here are some features that were planned to be included on the product.
- Mass storage of 16 GB – you can store several amazing photos with this amount of space.
- Bluetooth and Wifi – share photos instantly to other devices with the Bluetooth feature or upload it directly to your
- Instagram account with the Wifi feature.
- Touchscreen – navigate easily on your photos and apply filters with the touch of your finger.
- 2 camera lenses – use one camera lens for getting regular photos and another one for the filters.
- Optical zoom – make photos appear smaller or larger with the zoom feature.
- Led flash – capture photos perfectly with the right amount of light using flash.
- Four color ink tanks.
- Internal printer – get a hard copy of your wonderful photos by printing it directly from the phone. This works like the old Polaroid cameras.
- Paper cartridge and sheets.
Uploading Photos on Instagram
While ADR is currently working on the new Instagram Socialmatic Camera, Instagram users may still capture photos and upload the old way on their account. If you are new to Instagram, you can take photos using your device and upload it directly to your account. If there are saved photos on your mobile phone that you would like to share with other Instagram users, you can also upload them to your account.
- Login to Instagram with your username and password.
- Tap the camera icon at the bottom of your Instagram window.
- Tap the camera icon with the arrow on top to use the front or back camera.
- Snap a photo and choose from the fantastic filters to make it more beautiful. Each filter has its border. You can remove the border by tapping on the square or border icon on the upper left corner of the window.
- You may also auto adjust the color of the photo by tapping the icon located on the lower right corner of the window.
- The droplet icon on top next to the camera icon can add effect to your photo. Use this when you want to focus on a specific area on the picture. Tapping on the said icon will give you the option to make the focus circular or horizontal.
- Move the focus to the area that you like.
- Tap the check mark once done and upload.
If you want to share a photo, after tapping the camera icon, tap an icon with two overlapping squares located on the lower left corner. This will let you navigate to the photo you want to upload.