Instagram is one of the most downloaded applications by iOS and Android users. This is a photo sharing app that allows users to upload and share their photos not only to other Instagram users but to friends on their other social media accounts. One of the most popular features of this application is that it allows users to easily edit Instagram photos. Instagram editing is straightforward so it is pretty easy to do. You do not need to have experience in photography or photo editing to create excellent and eye-catching photos. With Instagram’s help, your pictures will look like they have been taken by a pro.
Register an Account
You need to have an Instagram account to be able to share your photos. This application is only available for iOS and Android users. Download and install it on your device so you can start showing the world your fantastic photos. Once done with the installation, tap the Instagram icon on your home screen and tap Sign Up to create an account. Enter the needed information to finish the registration. If you have an Instagram account, tap Log In instead and enter your username and password.
Tap on the camera icon to take a photo using your phone or tap the double square icon to navigate on a photo saved on your device. The filters will show up at the bottom of the screen. Select the filter that has the effect that you like. Tap on the frame icon on the upper left corner of your screen to remove the border on the photo and tap again if you want to put it back. Rotate the photo by tapping on the arrow icon that is next to the frame icon. Here are some of the filters that you can use, as well as some effects that you can make.
- Normal. This does not have any filter. It is the original state of the photo.
- X- Pro II. This has a warm and saturated effect that focuses more on greens and aquas.
- Early Bird. This filter gives a faded or blurred effect on the photos and focuses on beige and yellow colors.
- Lomo-fi. This gives a slight blurred effect on photos and focuses on green and yellow colors.
- Sutro. This is the same as the effect of sepia and focuses on brown and purple colors.
- Toaster – this has a corner vignetting and high exposure effect.
- Brannan. This filter focuses on green and gray colors.
- Valencia. The photo is almost the same as the original color though it has a hint of brown and gray colors.
- Inkwell. This is a high contrast, black and white effect.
- Walde. This will give you a washed out effect on your photo with a hint of blue color.
- Hefe. This gives a fuzzy feel on the photo and focuses on gold and yellow colors.
- Nashville. This sharpens the images and focuses on colors purple and magenta.
- 1977. This will give an effect that an image was taken back in the 70’s era.
- Lord Kelvin. This will make your photos look retro and super saturated.
- Lux Effect. Tap the lux icon and this will make your photo look livelier and sharper. This is the icon that looks like a sun.
Tilt Shift Effect. This will bring focus to specific part of the photo and make the other parts blurred. Tap the drop icon and select between the linear and radial tilt shift option. Drag to the preferred location and tap the check icon when done. If you want to remove the effect, tap the drop icon once more and tap the X icon